In this episode we discuss...
1. Apple Watch starts pre-ordering. Is it really the killer smart watch we've all been waiting for?
2. The New 12" Macbook. Is it just an over-priced Netbook?
3. Beats Music is signing exclusive deals with Artists. Do Artists really deserve to make all that money?
1. Facebook's f8 Conference reveals Messenger Platform and Messenger for Business
2. The Shut-in Economy
3. Tech CEOs fight against Indiana Religious Freedom Act
1. Kleiner Perkins Gender Discrimination Lawsuit
2. Foursquare + Twitter Partnership
1. SxSW Special Report. (2:32)
Special interviews and discussion about SxSW. Has it jumped the shark? Why do people go?
2. The Rise of Meerkat and the constraints of the Twitter Platform (12:33)
What does Twitter's disabling of Meerkat's Graph Access mean for Twitter, Meerkat and Developers thinking about Twitter as a partner?
3. Mailbag: Isn't Facebook's Suicide Prevention Features just covering their ass because of all the bullying they facilitate? (37:03)
In this weeks episode...
1. Facebook's new suicide prevention features - about time or trying to solve a human problem with technology?
2. Cocaine use and "East-coast habits" becoming a problem in Silicon Valley? (11:27)
3. Succeeding at Startups: Do you need to be in Silicon Valley? (23:20)
Stay listening right to the end for a little easter egg/behind the scenes snippet ;)
We want to hear from you! Send us feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the comments below! We'll give you a shoutout and answer your questions on air.
On this weeks episode...
1. The new Medium - taking on Twitter? (0:56)
2. The Silicon Valley/San Francisco Culture War (27:14)
- A flyer in the Mission District tells locals to 'LEAVE'. A picture went viral on social media. How does this fit into the broader culture war and wealth disparity in Silicon Valley and the US?
In today's episode we discuss...
1. Did the lack of Credibility in Mainstream Media contribute to the rise of Social Media and new news venues? (1:12)
Brian Williams has been caught exaggerating his Iraq War story. Jon Stewart calls out the media for not prosecuting real failures of Iraq War reporting. The disruption of Mainstream Media by Social Media is well covered, but what role does good old fashion trust play in the audience exodus?
2. Anti-vaccination movement (18:10)
Why is Silicon Valley failing to Vaccinate their kids? Why is Anti-Vaccination and general Anti-science thinking rising in the US?
The full, raw conversation with Chris Messina about his involvement in the CNN series Sex, Drugs and Silicon Valley.
- Hulu Documentary: Flight From Death: The Quest for Immortality
- Chris' Book outline (note this is really out of date. No inclusion of Bitcoin, AirBnB, Uber etc. Also I want to switch the metaphor from compute at the edge to unbundling.
- Listen to Episode 2
In today's episode we discuss...
1. The Crunchies (1:33)
We use the events of TJ Miller and the Crunchies to discuss the broader image of Silicon Valley and it's opportunity moving forward.
2. CNN's "Sex, Drugs and Silicon Valley" series (14:28)
We discuss CNN's series about the tech scene and its impact on the people of silicon valley and how others might perceive new ideas on love and relationships.
3. Chris Messina Interview (25:04)
We have a conversation with Chris Messina about his involvement in the Sex, Drugs and Silicon Valley CNN series and his thoughts on non-monogamy in his life and the broader culture. (Extended Interview)
On today's episode...
Uber is evolving its pitch to "Job creator" and "Environmental champion":
Microsoft announces HoloLens. How does it compare and contrast with Google Glass and Oculus Rift. Where will this kind of technology go?
"Women Shouldn't Code" - At least according to Francine Hardaway
- Original Post: https://medium.com/@hardaway/why-women-shouldnt-code-82205165e64a
- Rebuttal: https://t.co/TKJjSecrOD